I’m not sure where I am going today, I just know that I’m getting on my road bike and going for an adventure. The plan this morning is to ride my bike at least 50 miles out and 50 miles back from my home area, or to ride 100 miles out and Annika will drive to pick me up. I’ve been looking over Google Maps to try and look for some route ideas however I don’t want to spoil the fun. The GoPro will be on during a lot of the bike ride, I have gear with me to go bikepacking so I’m covered for most any situation. When I take a long distance ride or go somewhere that I’ve not been to, I tend to go over prepared.
In my bags and/or on my bike, I have the following:
- 3 Solar Bars with flashlight and compass.
- 1 Spot Gen 3 GPS Tracker
- First Aid Kit
- Emergency Bivy
- Bike Computer
- 1600-lumen front headlight
- 700-lumen front headlight
- 2 rear lights
- Toothbrush, dental pick, toothpaste, deodorant
- wet wipes and TP, also poo bags just in case lol.
- GoPro, 2 batteries, chest strap, selfie stick/stand.
- Extra batteries for all devices.
- Snacks for 2 days, gum, halls for the throat.
- Sawyer Mini Water Filtration
- Leggings, arm sleeves, face mask, and warm cycling pants.
- extra socks and 3 pairs of gloves
- propel, gu, clip blocks.
- basic meds such as aspirin, heartburn control, allergy, sunscreen.
- bike tool kit, plus a few tubes with a patch kit.
The above list is just some of the basics that Annika and I keep with us when traveling on our bikes. We train ride with full gear very often to get used to the weight, so not only are we riding at fairly quick speeds we are also loaded down. The pictures below are from when I did the BeeLine200 ride last year.
Annika loves to know that I’m safe when I’m out on the ride and many times cars have literally tried to run me over, they’re been so many close calls. So with the concerns of the road and the not knowing how far I may go sometimes, we tend to try and be ready for anything.
So I used to get a route together and plan it before going, now I’m just gonna use my google maps to select an area and just go. I do still have a mean saddle sore that I spent all of yesterday soaking it, cleaning it; I even washed all my shorts again and again. Point being this trip will have some sore moments but it is all good. During my bike ride to wherever I am going, I aim to get some really cool photos and videos and plan to share them in tomorrows article. So let me quickly give you the update on yesterday.
What took place yesterday?
So while dealing with my saddle sore and getting things done for work and around our home, our dog wasn’t feeling that well. She slept 90% of the day and night before and didn’t eat a whole lot. She got sick a few times so we took her to the vet for her fluid injections and her arthritis shot. We will keep you posted and here are a few pictures of her yesterday.
Huge thanks to the following for supporting this mornings ride
Doing long distance rides ya never know when something may happen, especially when it comes to tires.
- Annika (my number 1 supporter in everything we or I do, I love this woman.)
- My Mom (my mom learned to use the internet yesterday to sponsor me with 2 new tubes for the ride. I love that awesome woman)
- Our Patreon Supporters
- Our Awesome Website Followers
Thanks for everything, it’s time to have some coffee and get things ready to roll. Have an epic adventure day and we will fill you in with the adventure tomorrow.