Good morning and we hope your weekend is going well so far. This morning I’m heading out to ride 100 miles on my bike which the details are below in the “Today’s Plan” section. Let me take a moment to fill you in on yesterdays bike ride.
Looking Back on Yesterday’s Bike Ride
I started the ride real early by leaving at 3am following Annika as she pulled out to head to her office. There was no plan in place just a goal to ride my bike and enjoy some time outside. I rode down into Phoenix and Tempe, then back up into Arcadia, Scottsdale, and Old Town; what a fun ride.
Close to 26 miles of chilling out on my road bike and I did do a little bit of filming with the GoPro.
I had a blast and I’m looking forward to my century this morning and to some family time when I return. Here is a quick update on the munchkins.
The Adventure’s of Pugsley and Lilith
Pugsley got his shots on Friday and I had forgotten to mention it in yesterdays article. He gained 1.5 pounds and is now just over 7 pounds. He and Lilith are doing great, they are currently sleeping. Also, the vet told us that Pugsley will be able to go on his first hike when he is 19 weeks old, he is 11 weeks old now. Many hugs and kisses from them to you all, more on these little munchkins on Monday.
Today’s plan is Century Sunday
Annika and I have decided to pick a day that I can certainly no matter what is going on, get a long bike ride in. Century Sundays is a day I hope to ride 100 miles on my road bike. One of my goals in life is to visit every city in Arizona by bike so riding a century outside at least this one day per week will help me to get closer to that goal.
Now, this is a goal to ride 100 miles every Sunday and is not something that I have to do, this is something that I want to do. I haven’t ridden 100 miles in a single ride in some time now due to health issues with myself and due to our recently passed dog, Marley was very ill for a year. Today is my first Century Sunday and I aim to dedicate this 100-mile bike ride to the memory of Marley. I’m leaving out early and by the time this article is live, I am already on the road.
I’m riding with no path in mind, just a goal to enjoy a 100-mile ride. As each Century Sunday happens I hope to be visiting a new city from time to time and maybe collect some postcards in the process. Annika is sleeping in during my ride since it is her day off and she can certainly use some good rest. The munchkins are more than likely wrestling with each other at home with Annika.
Hugs and many thanks for the support from our Patreon and Ko-Fi Supporters as well as our awesome followers here on our website. Have an epic adventure day and I will be here tomorrow to share the updates.
You Know the Drill
Alright, gang, You know the drill. Time for coffee and to get the day started, we can’t thank you all enough for the support and we look forward to bringing you another day in our nutty life tomorrow. Have an epic adventure day. Also a special note, we’ve updated some of the information below and even added to it.
“You’ve reached the end of today’s story”
We like to keep in mind daily that not only are we always focusing on riding our bikes long distance but also that many people we know or even do not know are out on the roads and trails traveling. So if you’re out on the road driving a car please be extra cautious and watch for cyclists who may be on the road with you day or night.
We are working on a project called #AZBIKEANDHIKE. Currently, we have a Strava Club set up for #AZBIKENHIKE‘s Cycling and Hiking. We’re working on the website as we plan it to be a community for the people in Arizona that love to ride bikes and hike. Our goal is to also share great places to get gear, trails to ride or hike, and just awesome fun places to enjoy the outdoors in Arizona. More details to come as this project progresses, we can say at this time that this site will not rely or have profiles on any social media such as Twitter, Facebook, or other.
The following friends that we know are currently crossing the United States by Bike:
- Jason Simons – It’s Just Pepper Baby
- Current update on Jason. Jason has reached the halfway point and is currently riding his bike through Colorado. If you’d like to assist him with a meal or some extra funds for his trip, his PayPal email is Jason@itsjustpepperbaby.com
- John Schweitzer – John’s Cross Country Blog
- John and his group of cross country cyclists have started their journey and are in the snowy areas.
- Stubbs Rambles On – Be sure to check out Stubs and friends on their hiking and backpacking adventures.
- View From the Back – Also be sure to check out this site as well, I love keeping up with her articles.
Special Thanks To:
Huge thanks and much love go out to following for being so amazing and supportive.
- Our amazing 231 followers here on our website, you all are amazing and we’re thankful that you’re here.
- Our 7 epic Patreon supporters, without you all things we do would be much harder.
- Bike Barn of Phoenix, Dave, Mary, Paul and the rest of the staff. Without these guys and gal, we wouldn’t be riding bikes.
- Our families and friends around the globe for all of the support.
- Our awesome Neighbors within our condos that have been checking on us since we lost Marley.
The epic peeps above are amazing and we thank them all the time. Hugs guys and gals and we wish you all an amazing adventure day and a great weekend.